Sunday, August 12, 2012

[155] Bi-sun

Man, what is this called in English?

Well, today, the family and my aunt all prepared for bi-sun this whole day. We spent the morning in Chinatown buying the pork, whole chicken, whole duck, and other vegetables and food items to prepare for dinner.

Actually, besides going to buy groceries with them, I don't know that I did too much to help when we got home. I feel like I just took a nap. Womp womp for lazy son.

Anyways, by nighttime we did lit the incense and bi-sun to our ancestors (I assume). Okay, this is really bad.  I want to blog about this, but I can't explain the cultural significance of this day.

I'm going to end this post here...very sadly. I will find out more about this topic and hopefully, come back to it in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment