Sunday, August 5, 2012

[148] HMart - Korean Dinner - Jerry BBQ

(left to right) Henry, Jackie, Becky, Teresa


After work, the neighbors (Becky, Jackie, Teresa, and I) drove to HMart. I don't know why, but grocery shopping is one of the favorite things I like to do with friends. I blame Carmen. Actually, I don't blame her; I thank her. You know how some people hang out at the park at night or at bars or at diners? Yeah....our late night spot was Dominick's. Whoops! Hella tangent. Sorry...back to the day with the neighbors (not Carmen and peeps).

So, this day was planned for a while now, and I was hella looking forward to it. I really wanted some of the jajangmyeon and KIM CHI! I was craavvvinnng itt!!! Sad news: It turns out that the jajangmyeon was hella expensive (or was it not there?)...I can't remember. But either way, I couldn't get it. Becky and I did get kim chi though! Hell yes!! [Oh man I'm getting hungry typing this up] 

A few hours later when we're done buying groceries (and eating free samples), we went out to a Korean restaurant to eat. Again....hell yes! I love their appetizers! I ordered some cold buckwheat noodle thing, which sounded really good but that was so spicy, I could only eat like half of it and had to take the rest to-go. Boo!! Oh well...the appetizers were waaay worth the trip though. That's probably what I like best about Korean restaurants. 

The neighbors concluded our day by playing some volleyball and hanging out at the newly constructed 31st Street Beach. We had to leave eventually because it was hella dark and couldn't see shit. OH YEAH! And our cousin Simon kept calling us to come over for bbq. Yeah...they had a bbq today, but we couldn't go because these plans were already made like a week or two ago. They still wanted us to go, so we did.

By the time we arrived, it was already like 10:30 pm. When we got there, everyone had just left and we walked into the backyard to Jerry cleaning off the grill. Man, this nice buttmunch started grilling again when we got there. Aww....so nice. Ended up just chillin' and chit-chattin' until midnight when we had to go home. I had work the next day early in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment