Friday, August 3, 2012

[146] Second Job - First Day

I was very fortunate this summer to have had two wonderful opportunities--first  CFC and now this. Right after CFC, I was offered a student intern position to work with a business on a big project until I leave for college. 

The first five days or so were really hectic because I had to get up to speed about the company and the project. The business was a small, successful IT consulting firm. On top of a bunch of  law-related cases, this summer they also took up a summer project: installing Wi-Fi switches for a branch of charter schools. Since their team only consisted of about 5 people, they needed someone to stay in the office and handle the data work and manage the inventory, orders, and invoices for the project. That's where I come in! 

Though I had minimal experience with this type of organizational work, it was a great chance to really maximize how much I can get out of this experience. 

By the way, a few days without a job made me a bit lazy. It felt wonderful waking up early in the morning and biking to work again. Feels fulfilling!   



No comments:

Post a Comment