Tuesday, July 16, 2013

[61] Success Day #2 - Laundry Day

Dan and I have been watching improv shows Whose Line is It Anyway? and Drew Carey's Improv-A-Ganza and we're so impressed with how well fricking Wayne Brady raps. That man is an improv genius and his improv sounds like REAL raps. They're BETTER than real raps.

Today, we tried really hard to rap about everything while walking around and while in the house and it didn't work. But whatever. To keep up with my theme for today, I'm going to try to rap about my awesomely productive day.



Mic check, mic check one-two, one-two.
I woke up earlier today, who woulda knew?
I'm a lean, mean, waking up machine.
Set alarm for ten thirty, woke up at ten SIX-TEEN!

Got up, got dressed and made breakfast
Ate it, did the dishes and made a mess.
Cleaned it up, packed my clothes, and went out to Tree's.
I was able to get in, because she gave me her keys.

Knock, knock to see if the roomie's home.
Coast clear, stepped in. I guess I'll be alone.
Washed my clothes there and studied--I was really in the zone.
Multi-tasking, yo, two birds with one stone.
Got back by 1pm and got my spaghetti on.

I had a little down time, but I wasn't down with that.
Sorted my clothes, pens, and other knick knacks.
Shampoo samples, old bracelets, and my assorted hats.
Counted my earrings, tried a few on, and put them all right back.

By this time, it was 4pm and I had to go.
Met with my client to sort out a few financial woes.
In my bank account, I only received so-and-so dollars.
Where's the rest? That's a lot. I had to holler..
At DHS - Department of Health Services.
Cleared it up and got rid of my nervousness.

Okay, finna wrap this up, but imma put it down.
Like Dan & I did when we were walking around town.
Rapping and walking to I.T.
To work out for an hour with our friend Jenny.
Sweat it out, work it off, stretch - more and more.
By the end, for some reason, my back was sore.

Home and hungry again, made pasta with lots of green.
Healthy dinner - nutritious and lean.
After dinner, I went to the library until closing time.
Now I'm done with my day and my rap, this my closing rhyme.


Gosh! I'm sorry for a terrible rap.

[I just read it aloud to Dan]

Hm... it wasn't that bad. But you'll probably read it differently than how I read it. I got the flow all in my head. And that shit is tiiiiight!! sbnl (smiling but not laughing). I'm quite amused with myself. Anyways, here's the long rap short.


TL;DR: Breakfast, did dishes did laundry while studying at the same time, came back and folded laundry, ate leftover spaghetti, organized a bunch of things around the house for like 2 hours, met up with my client to clear up some business about me not receiving all of my paycheck, rapped with Dan while walking to and fro I.T. (Illini Tower - an apt complex), worked out for an hour with Dan and our friend Jenny, made dinner at home, showered, then studied for an hour and a half. 

gNite! 

1 comment: