Sunday, April 22, 2012

[43] St. Baldrick's

Finally, the day I've been waiting for since Fall semester: ST. BALDRICK'S!

I'm so proud of my team (Team Big Fudge) and of all those who supported my team, my teammates, me and by association, St. Baldrick's. We've been working really hard raising money and gaining support for a wonderful cause. At the end of it, Big Fudge passed all goals we had in the beginning raising $1052 for pediatric cancer.

The St. Baldrick's event at UIUC is the largest university St. Baldrick's event in the nation, and it was a huge success! There were a lot of male participants and surprisingly, there were a lot of girls who shaved their heads too!!

NOTE TO ALL: For any girls who may think they'll look bad bald, they should think again. The girls were beautiful!! (The guys look good too, but it's not as big of a deal if guys are bald). BALD IS BEAUTIFUL!!


BEFORE
Jeff Derp Photobombing Me---------------------------------Me Getting Shaved

AFTER


A few things  I've learned on my first day being bald

  • I've got kind of a point on the median of my head
  • I don't need to worry about the wind blowing my bangs every which way anymore
  • The back of my head is always warm but not necessarily the sides or front
  • I get a lot colder a lot easier
  • My hats don't fit
  • There are a lot of head oils on your scalp (it's kind of gross when washing your hair and you can feel it with the water)
  • It's fun to rub my head from back2front but not front2back
  • Dampening my head with water feels AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment