Saturday, April 7, 2012

[28] Gettin' Jiggy at IL Breaks

Finally, the day of my first dance clinic arrived. It was loads and loads and loads of fun. Only downsides--I ripped my underpants really bad and my legs were so tired by the end of the day.


At night, I went to IL Breaks, a really big breakdance competition that takes place in UIUC every year. I don't want to go on a big rant here about how awesome it is, but ... it was awesome! The stamina that these dancers have is incredible. These guys are dancing from 8pm - 1am and if you see what these guys are doing, it's incredible that they have the energy. It was a really great atmosphere being there, and you can just feel the adrenaline pumping through everyone--including my own. B-boys and b-girls = unhuman.

Here's a few clips I recorded. Enjoi!

This round went into overtime. Each team had only one round, meaning only one person could step up.



One of the 3 judge exhibitions. My camera died...actually while the first judge was still doing his thing. 





No comments:

Post a Comment