Saturday, July 14, 2012

[126] [127] California

I used to go to California very often. Since I was a little boy, I think my family and I used to go every year (sometimes twice a year), but this is our first time back since 2008 when my grandpa was sick and later passed.

This time, we went because my grandma just recovered from an accident. We visited our grandma throughout the trip, and we also got to visit our grandpa's grave.

We had a little moment of silence during which I wasn't really sure what to do. Was I supposed to talk to him? I don't really believe in that. So, I just kind of talked to myself about what my grandpa meant to me. My grandpa was (as they all say) a really great man. All his daughters, sons, granddaughters, grandsons, and my mom truly loved him. And he truly loved them too. Love, love, love, love, love. We have so many definitions for love. We use this word a lot for our boyfriends and girlfriends, and it's tossed around like a garden salad; however, I believe that when someone says it, they really feel it at that time--they do mean it. But as things happen and time passes, it's a different story. Ahh...but family. Above friends and partners of any sort, love for family is undying. Love for family is unlike any other, because family is always there for you. I don't think this is true. Because as things happen and time passes, again, it's a different story.

No, my grandpa was a different story. Nothing affected his love. Regardless of what happened and how much time has gone by, I think he really loved all those around him. He never stopped loving his family and my family, and we never stopped loving him. Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment