Monday, May 20, 2013

[4] Dye Hair Purple, Sultan's Market

Dye Hair
Earlier in the school year, some lady was promoting hair dye products I guess and was handing out boxes of free hair dye. Free... "Sure! I love free things!" Purple hair dye... "Sure! I love trying new things. It ain't gonna be that noticeable on my black hair anyways!" I was so excited to dye my hair, and I guess today was as good as any. I went over to Kelly's early in the morning and she helped me with the dye job. At this point, Kelly's my hair lady; I go to her whenever I wanna do something hair-related---fade #1fade #2.




Sultan's Market
I had a catch up day with Bridget at our favorite place, Sultan's Market in Wicker Park. This was like the best of both worlds: I get to hang out with Bridget who I haven't seen for like a year and eat my Baked Zatter Fettia and Egg & Cheese Fettia, which I haven't had for like a year.

After graduation and on the car ride back home to Chicago, Jeff and I were talking about some of our most memorable moments of our undergraduate years. I was surprised, yet not surprised, to realize that many of those moments included Bridget.

Since high school, Bridget was one of my best of best friends. Then, in college, I had the privilege of dating one of my best of best friends. In my eyes, it was a very beautiful relationship despite some obvious issues we had and unfortunately, we eventually broke up. It was such a rough break up and many parts of it was very unpleasant. Not only did our relationship end, our friendship ended in many ways too.

This was a friend that I kept in touch with like everyday. We went through everything together as friends and boyfriend/girlfriend. Not even in my wildest dreams could I ever imagine us not being in each other's lives. However, a true fact about life--things change. It's actually still eerie to think that in the last two years since we broke up, we haven't really talked or hung out.

Fortunately, this summer, we set a date to hang out at Sultan's market and I'm glad that we followed through. I was so happy that we were able to just talk and joke and laugh like we always did. I guess some things just don't change. I don't know if I still consider her one of my best friends, but I definitely care about her and wish her the absolute best as we both go down our separate paths in life.

Maybe a few years from now, we can have another catch up day.

No comments:

Post a Comment