Friday, May 24, 2013

[8] WY AAC Show 2013

As a yearly tradition, I always make it out to my high school's Asian American Club (AAC) show. Since graduating 4 years ago, I haven't missed one yet and I don't plan on missing any.....especially not when the shows are getting SO! DARN! GOOD!!

I go there to support the students and see the product of their creativity and hard work, but this year they really, really impressed me. Seriously, I was completely blown away by the talent and charisma of these young students. I thoroughly enjoyed literally every performance. I don't know whether to admire them or to hate them for being so darn good! Yeah, I haven't made up my mind yet.

Besides being blown away with their talent, I love coming back to Whitney Young to see their cultural performances. Cultural dances are losing momentum in a lot of cultural shows ironically, but I think WY's AAC makes a great effort to keep it alive. Every year, the traditional dances are performed so beautifully I want to cry. Haha. They always do something innovative with the dances but still manage to keep it traditional. This year was no exception. And they even added a new traditional dance:


Buddha


Here are a few more of my favorite performances of the night!

Soran

Chinese Fan & Ribbon

Girs K-Pop

Thank you, WY AAC 2013 for putting on a hell of a show! 

No comments:

Post a Comment