Saturday, June 30, 2012

[112] Chicago #1

Imagine if I started every post with the name of the city I'm in followed by the number of consecutive days I'm in that city....even if I'm in Chicago. This blog will have the most boring post titles of all time.


I thought it'd be fun to do it for this first post.

Morning
Anyways, it was great to start my first day back with none other than yoga, pilates, and Zumba (just like all my other Saturdays). Well... we actually didn't do yoga this time. We never really get to. Yoga starts promptly at 8am, and we've never arrived earlier than 8:30am. It was no different today--got there at 8:30am. We were just a bit lazy, a bit tired, a  bit hot, a bit thirsty.

Pilates and Zumba was fun as always though! Today, both activities had new instructors. It was really refreshing. The new Pilates instructor sounded really, really nice but SHE WAS HARD! There was a new girl in Zumba too who also seemed really nice, but her workouts were MORE ENERGETIC. "Dang girl, we've been dancing and cardio-ing non-stop, give us a break!" It was all good though.

Afternoon
Yo! Kelly and I copped them $1 flip flops from Old Navy. Holla!! Wait....does "cop" mean we stole them or something? I'm not sure, but we didn't steal 'em. Every year, there's a $1 flip flop sale at Old Navy and this year, we were able to take advantage of the sale. Much thanks to Carmen for telling us though. If she hadn't told us, we would probably just have gone home. But nope! Kelly and I both got a few pairs, then went to Sports Authority to check out some prices on workout clothes, then enjoyed a very rewarding meal at Halo.

If anyone is in downtown Chicago, check out the Spicy Crazy Chicken at Halo. It's good stuff. Love this place! The people there are really nice. Kelly and I had a nice conversation with them the whole time we were there. I'm surprised the cashier guy recognized me with my short hair. Props to that wonderful man.

After our hunger has been mollifed (totally learned that word from Catching Fire, the second book of the Hunger Games series), we biked to Shi Yu's with whom we walked together to Chinatown to check out a certain cutie....who wasn't there. Bummers. However, we ran into two other cuties, my friends Sohee and Nene from Urbana and spent a good time with them. I love friends getting along with other friends. It's like....seeing your child play nice with the neighborhood kids....except nothing like that at all.

*If you've read it this far, good for you! I appreciate your patience and interest. This day's post is long, un-interesting, and ... really? seriously? not even a single picture? ... unanimated.*

Nightime
Yeah...pretty much knocked out shortly after arriving home. Showered, sat in front of the laptop, snoozed off without realizing it, supped quickly, and saw some Avatar: The Last Airbender with Becky before finally sleeping again.

((~~~D  R  E  A  M~~~))
I was playing Soul Caliber against a computer. It was a special sort of match where each player fights through the match with 3 characters--once all three characters dies, the player loses. However, a really cool thing in terms of health is that if during the match, the player performs cool combos or nice hits, their character can gain health. 

In the character selection screen, characters were chosen at random with the opponent's characters reflecting yours in some way. Screw these details! I'm not even going to tell you my characters...it's useless. All you need to know about the dream was that it was very, very stressful and I lost ... badly. 

^ --- oh geez. do you see that dream entry? trying to incorporate it into a blog post. what an awful first dream entry. this is a bad post. boring title, long-winded post, horrible closing....


over.n.out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment