Tuesday, September 18, 2012

[192] Farmer's Market

I believe this is the first time I've been to a farmer's market. The one I went to was a very small one with maybe just two farms selling their stuff. On the weekends, there's another much larger one and I know in Chicago, there are really big ones too.

Oh well...this one was really cute, and I think it was a good first experience. As you may expect, since it was so small, there really wasn't anyone looking. This gave me a really great opportunity to talk to the farmers about their farms, where they come from, what they specialize in, and then they taught me a few things about their vegetables. 

I got some candied onions that smelled sooooo good! I can't wait to eat 'em. On the bus ride back, just being next to 'em was making my mouth water. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment