Monday, March 12, 2012

[3] Goal : Choreograph 3 Dances

I've been listening to a few songs on repeat a lot today:
[inappropriate song]
[inappropriate song]
"Left Hand Suzuki" by Gorillaz
and "First Day Of My Life" by Bright Eyes.

Somehow, this combination of songs makes me really want to try choreographing a dance. I always say I'm really bad at choreographing a dance because I can't remember any of my own moves, but that doesn't mean I can't try!

Firstly, I want to choreograph a dance for AAA (Asian American Association) Dance Clinics. These are just little workshops after the big AAA show that anyone can lead. And I figured "I should do one!", so I've been working on one that's going to be really fun. Hopefully, I follow through with this.

Next, I just want to do one by myself. Maybe a dance that's more sharp, less fun, more ... intense? That's not the right word. I don't know the right word. Anyways........

Finally, my friends Wing and Kathy and I decided to do a choreo together. Basically, we'll just be playing our dance memory game (one player comes up with a 4-count dance sequence and the subsequent players performs that 4-count and adds his/her own 4-count....and so on and so forth). It started with Wing teaching me a tecktonik sequence, and this brilliant idea just bloomed into existance.

~~

That's all I got. Enjoy the songs that I linked :3   I'm sorry I can't link the first two songs due to inappropriate content.

No comments:

Post a Comment