Monday, March 26, 2012

[16] Ideas of March

I started this blog in 2010, but it didn't seem until this school year where I got a lot more into blogging.  So, in lieu of this blogging revival effort, I want to participate in Ideas of March.

Rather generically, I will follow the guidelines.

Why I love blogs?
When I first started reading blogs, it was for knowledge's sake. Via these blogs, I was able to just casually read up on subjects and hobbies I enjoy. Recently, I began really enjoying blogs of friends. There's a lot to learn about someone from their posts: likes, dislikes, hobbies, interests, goals, writing style, etc etc. You see a friend go through phases of life as they grow and change as a person (change  bad)... as you may see with mine. And especially with friends that I don't get to see very often, reading their blog updates (or them reading mine) keeps us connected.

Finally, I enjoy blogging as a way of keeping my family and friends updated. Occasionally, I enjoy doing a post (like this one) that's not just a narrative of my day. It doesn't update you much about what I'm doing on campus, but it's an update of a little of what's on my mind. It's a nice change of pace. And I like giving mini shout-outs to my friends through here. Or inserting little inside jokes. Or posting pictures that I think my friends or family would enjoy. Many probably don't read it or see it, but it gives me a personal sense of satisfaction....

...much like the satisfaction of fake-eating this stranger while webcam-special-effects stars float by.


Blech! Stranger-flavored!

No comments:

Post a Comment