Tuesday, March 27, 2012

[17] UIUC Bike Project


I went with my friend Audrey to the Bike Co Op today to get her bike fixed. Earlier, I wanted to help her raise her handlebars, so she's not hunched over as much while biking--I was NOT a help. When loosening the headset, I loosened it too much so the wedge bolt dropped into the steerer. If this happens, I can't tighten it back . I didn't know this until we brought it to the Bike Co Op.

Why I really liked the Bike Co Op
  • it smells like bike grease
  • it's like bike Heaven....bike parts, bike tools, and complete bikes everywhere!
  • the workers teach you how to fix your own bike... SO EDUCATIONAL!
  • one can volunteer there and they teach you a lot. DIBS!
During summer, I may want to volunteer there for a week or so to gain knowledge, build experience, and get a membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment