Friday, May 11, 2012

[62] End of Junior Year

Finally, it's the end of the semester. Actually, I don't know if I wanted the semester to "finally" come to an end. It was a great semester and a really great year. 

Today, I was with my buddy Winfield reflecting on the school year. In many ways, it was a really awful school year but in many other ways, it was one of the best. We both agreed that our present selves are very different from our August 2011 selves. I'm very grateful for all the new/old/good/bad experiences I had because without them, I wouldn't be where I am today. 

Change is something I examine obsessively in life. A dear friend of mine once told me that "Change is the only thing that's certain." When he told me this, I was not ready to accept any sort of change and it made me really angry. It's one of those things that is, at first, hard to embrace. I was really happy then, and I didn't like how things were changing. But as time went on, I learned to embrace it because it is a universal truth. You can't control whether there will be a change for better or for worse, but you know that it'll happen. Change is the only thing that's certain. And from change, I only hope that growth is certain as well. 

Thanks to all my friends and family that have helped me grow throughout the year(s). For those who have graduated, thanks for everything you've done throughout the year(s). I will miss y'all, and I wish y'all the best in your future endeavors. 

Love,

Henry Guan


No comments:

Post a Comment