Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"My Classes Be Like...

... Oooh Aaah"


Errbody be askin' "How's class?"
Well..I'll tell you! I'll go through all my classes even. Smiles.


KIN 125-Introduction to Kinesiology/Community Health
          This is just an intro course required for all KIN and CHLH majors. It's just an eight week course for one credit hour. We started off just talking about the school resources and academic integrity and all that stuff. So far, it's not very interesting. Later on though, we'll get to the good stuff:  GUEST SPEAKERS!!! I'm looking forward to that. The speakers are going to include researchers within the departments, physical therapists, occupational therapists. physicians, physical education teachers...etc. That'll be cool.

KIN 122-Physical Activity and Health
          The class is pretty self-explanatory. It kind of seems like a physical education health class. The teacher is on crack. She's this Brazilian lady and she's so crazy. So excited....and on crack. I like her though. She also has us doing this blog activity where there are 15 groups within our class and every week, the  groups have to post like 16 different items (webpages, blogs, podcasts, videos, journal articles, etc) related to the class topic of that week. It's very, very tedious...but eh...it's aight. I'm saving all the items from all the blogs, so I can learn a thing or two from these postings. All fitness, health, and wellness related.

KIN 140-Social Science of Human Movement

          I had a preconceived notion about this class like  "Oh man. It's going to be a bunch of readings and papers and social science stuff I won't understand" but it's not at all. The teacher is really funny (dork funny but really funny nonetheless). And we discuss a lot of different ideas. This class combines sociology, psychology, sports, and exercise and it's super interesting. I guess to me, it's just discussions I've never came across before, so it's very new and interesting to me. I look forward to this class errday. 


KIN 150-Bioscience of Human Movement
          Sad face. Sad face. This class is a lot of biology and chemistry stuff. It goes through all the reactions and processes that take place in your body (homeostatic control systems, metabolism, etc) on a microscopic level. It's so complicated and I don't get it. Aigoo!! I just understood glycolysis (conversion of glucose to ATP) today and it's fascinating when I can understand it but when I have no clue what's going on, it's extremely frustrating. 


CHLH 144-Health Statistics
          Your everyday stats class except all the examples and stuff are related back to life sciences. Stats itself is not interesting, but I really love the professor. Her personality is so beautiful. She's one of those professors who really loves her students and want to help them as much as she can. She's also always talking about the beauty of diversity and that we're all one and we're all human...and...and I love her. She's the nicest person in the whole entire world. And she's super smart too. She's got so many research stuff going on and she has so many different degrees.

"You know what's going to keep me warm?" "Those degreees."

ASST 104-Asian Mythology

          This class focuses mostly on Indian mythology and we'll touch on Chinese and Japanese mythology. This class is actually very interesting--if only because my TA is super cool. He's really into the material and once he starts talking about something, he goes on and on but it's really interesting because he's very informal and his lingo is so funny. I love discussions! It's really cool with all the Gods and stuff too...Rta. Varuna. Shiva. Indra. Agni. Vrtra. Did you know there are like a couple hundred million gods or deities?


Anyways, to sum up. My classes are generally pretty good and I really like my teachers. Let's get straight A's this semester. HELL YEAH!! (FIST PUMP)

1 comment:

  1. looking forward to when you tell us that you got straight a's! but looks like youre're enjoying almost all of your classes, which is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete