Monday, August 5, 2013

[81] Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Day 1



I got my wisdom teeth extracted today and unfortunately, I do not remember any of it until like 5 hours later when I woke up from a nap already at home.

According to Becky though, this is what happened.... as written from my perspective:

When I was finished I couldn't keep my left eye open. She would manually open it, and I would just shut it again. Then, as I sat up in the chair to see how I was, I would do an arm wave ....

When I got out of the office, I stepped away from Becky, who was helping me to the car, and did a little dance that included doing the wave, a spin, and the Dougie

My mom hurried me into the car and the first thing I did was check the mirror. I kept touching my lips, saying "Eew. It feels like fucking gummy worms!" We stopped for gas and I moved to the backseat from the passenger seat using exaggerated climbing movements, exclaiming "See, I'm good." Then, I was doing the wave in the backseat saying, "Easy! It's okay. It's 100% me now". After I sat down. I switched between speaking Taishanese and English when I was talking. Becky kept asking me to repeat myself. I told her that I was really glad to know Chinese,  because I couldn't speak in the doctor's office. She told me that it was hard to understand me because of the gauze, not because it was English. I argued saying it was because I didn't have to use my tongue as much speaking Taishanese. Mom came back into the car while I was talking, and she commented, "Why do you keep talking? Stop talking." We were on the highway home when I fell asleep.

Here's a picture of me when I got home and woke up from my nap.



1 comment: