Saturday, October 27, 2012

Wesley Haunted House



Instead of doing a Halloween Flash Mob like I did in 2011 and 2010 (Whoops... forgot to include in my 2011 post that I was in a Halloween Michael Jackson's "Thriller" Zombie Flash Mob), I volunteered as a zombie in a haunted house with Carmen and her family & friends



Prior to getting prepped to go out on the "floor", we first went through the house for ourselves. We had to go together in a single file through a dark, narrow path. Naturally, we were fighting so much to NOT lead and NOT be in the back. Sam (the girl in red) was the only one brave enough to lead the line while Sammy (Carmen's youngest brother who is shoulder-to-shoulder with me in the picture) and I somehow got stuck in the back. We were both the biggest scaredy cats, so we were whimpering and screaming the whole time and pretty much trying to fight past everyone when we heard someone or something behind us. Holy moly, in my lifetime, I've only been to like 3 haunted houses, but this one was so scary!! It was a great thrill though and a pleasure to face with a big group.

It was great going through the haunted house, but it was SCARE-cely the funnest part. Now it was our turns to become the SCARE-ers instead of the SCARE-ees. We quickly made our way to the makeup room, rummaged through raggedy clothes to wear (I just wore my own t-shirt), and then we had other volunteers to do our make-up. After making ourselves all pretty and gory and stuff, we split up to be stationed at various parts of the haunted house.

A few of the guys and I were placed in the largest room in the whole house. One side was the entrance to the room; on the other side, was a surgical table where a girl was cut open with a saw. Surrounding the table were REAL animal innards--it smelled so gross. Hidden under sheets of black garbage bags surrounding the pathway to the next room, were me and the other undead. As the crowd cautiously walked through focused on the table, we would crawl out right by their feet and catch them off guard. I would emerge from hiding with my neck up so they can see my slashed throat. As they screamed, I would desperately gasp for air as if my esophagus and trachea were really cut right open.  




.


1 comment: