Thursday, December 15, 2011

I Quit...

I thought about it all the time...before class, during class, while eating, while homeworking, while studying. It became such a big part of my life, and I loved it. But at the same time, I hated it. It was draining so much of my energy day in and day out and frankly, I really didn't need it in my life right now. It was useless. On December 5th, 2011, I had a kind of intervention with my roommate/best friend Jeff. It was time I let it go and call it quits.

On December 5th, I decided to officially stop playing Tetris battle on Facebook.

I tried to make it sound really dramatic in the beginning, but my bad habit probably isn't thaat dramatic. It was pretty bad though. You know you have to stop when you wake up in the morning groggy as hell, turn on the laptop, and immediately start playing. You know you have to stop when you stay up until 4am in the morning on school nights just playing Tetris. And you definitely know you have to start when you imagine tiles falling in all your lectures. Day dreams are supposed to be cooler than that!

In all seriousness, it was a nasty habit and whenever there's a habit, you gotta kick it! That's one of my philosophies--I don't like making habits of anything. The idea of being so dependent on something is so unappealing. I don't want to have to do anything. I don't want to have to clean or have to exercise or have to ... shower. LOL! If I don't do it, it won't kill me. I want to have the control... I don't want a habit to control me. I wanted the freedom of choice, but there was no freedom from Tetris until I quit it. It was very obsessive and it wasted so much of my time--time I could have spent with my friends or myself or my studies ETC ETC ETC.

Since quitting tetris, I was able to allot my time so much more productively. My proudest achievement is that I started reading more. ("What?! Henry Guan reads?!") Yeah, jerks!! I've been reading!! AND MORE!!!

Reading. Blogging. Yoga. Reading Blogs. Reading About Yoga. Reading Blogs About Yoga.

My name is Henry Guan, and I'm a Tetris-holic. NOT! 


^^^----that was a lame way to end a post.

                        ^^^----that was a lam-ER way to end a post.

No comments:

Post a Comment