Monday, February 6, 2012

I Love Getting Hit By Cars...

I love getting hit by cars.... in a virtual reality.

This treadmill was a huge bean-shaped thing though. It matched the curve of a person's walking pattern. This is probably an outdated photo.

Two weeks ago, I participated in a research experiment for.... Actually, I don't know what they were studying. Something with cognition. In the beginning, I had to spend about 30 minutes completing really annoying computer tests (ex. either "> > < > >" or "< < < < <" or "> > > > >" or "< < > < <" would appear on the screen for a series of really quick trials...press "z" if the center arrow is pointing left and press "/" if it's pointing right). This was one of the many different computer tasks. It's sooooo boring!

After all that crap, I got to cross streets in a virtual reality!



I'm not sure for how many trials I had to cross the street, but it took about an hour of crossing. Maybe an hour and a half. Since the researcher already told me how many trials I needed to complete, I wanted to get it over with as fast as I could, so every trial I would just try to run across without stopping. Imagine if we did that in real life. Regardless of cars coming, you would try to cross the street faster than the car could drive into you. Well.....don't try it. That tactic got me hit by a virtual car many a-times....and also, by the end, I was dripping with sweat from all the running.

Okay. I'm done with my post. I'm really sleepy, and I've got a lot of work to do.

Bonjour!

1 comment:

  1. SO FRIGGIN COOL. I kinda wish I did it now. But so much on my plate. /dies

    ReplyDelete